Magento is an eCommerce platform that is used by the top internet stores. It is owned by Adobe and considered the best eCommerce platform for eCommerce businesses. Magento is easy to use and allows you to connect your store with PayPal, Google Shopping. It is an open-source platform and manages the functionality, appearance and overall look of the eCommerce store.
- It is flexible. You can modify the source code according to your requirements which allows you to customize templates so it works as you desire.Magento makes it easier to analyze the performance of websites to get real-time information.
- It has features that other platforms lack like manage multiple stores, and support multiple locations, multiple language, multiple pricing, and multiple currencies.
- Magento has a large community of users because it is one of the most used e-commerce platforms in the world. This has helped to ensure quick support. In addition, the large community has inspired to develop many extensions and plugins.
- It is mobile friendly as it allows to create a mobile site without any difficulty and give the best mobile viewing experience to the customer as far as possible. This has helped in the increase of sales and a lower bounce rate.
- Magento is scalable as it can be handled with ease, from a handful of products to thousands of them. Magento can approximately support up to five hundred thousands of products and thousands of transactions in an hour. It is a
- notable advantage because you can customize Magento without any constraints.
- Magento is expensive. The community version of Magento is free, while the enterprise version of Magento costs you more than fifteen thousand dollars approximately. Premium Enterprise version of Magento, targeted for large businesses costs you more than fifty thousand dollars approximately for a year.
- Magento is time-consuming as it has a slow loading time. It is also not easy to switch from another e-commerce platform to Magento because it imports the data at a very slow rate. One reason behind this slow loading is due to its flexible architecture, which makes it complex and time-consuming to set it up.
- Magento can only be hosted on dedicated servers. Running Magento on normal shared hosting will create a slow and frustrating user experience for visitors.
- It has a few developers. Magento has a large community of users as well as developers. As a result, it is difficult to find authentic Magento developers.
Shopify is a complete eCommerce platform that lets you start, grow, and manage a business. Shopify is completely cloud-based and hosted, which means you don’t have to worry about upgrading or maintaining software or web servers. This gives you the flexibility to access and run your business from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Shopify is integrated with payment providers, and its built-in speed checkout allows customers to pay with minimal load time.
- Shopify allows custom Title tags, meta descriptions on every category page for SEO purposes and also allows you to build customized landing pages for marketing purposes.
- Shopify offers multiples free themes and numerous custom-built premium themes along with the option to customize and add features for Developers.
- Shopify App store has all the features that you need to run an online business. It provides various free and paid Apps and adds flexibility for the brands having an online presence all around the web.
- Shopify’s basic plan starts from $29 a month; the average plan is for $79 a month, and advanced Shopify is for $299 a month.
- It uses a different set up to customize their themes rather than using PHP for the templates.It can be a problem for the new users on Shopify.
- Shopify’s blogging platform is not as great as WordPress as it provides a basic layout for blogging.
- Lock-in features to delete your online store permanently.
It is an open-source eCommerce solution built on top of WordPress.It works as a word press plugin and enables you to run a functional online store.It offers all the features you would expect from an eCommerce platform. From physical products and digital downloads to subscriptions, content and even appointments, you can sell anything with WooCommerce.
- WooCommerce is open source free software. This is very effective to scale online business. You do not have to pay for it. You can also update for free.
- Many free plugins are available to customize the WooCommerce plugin. It professional and standard that can be customizable with many themes so it can be modified for color variety. Customers and visitors are impressed by the professional outlook of your website. It is user-friendly and provides lots of features that could customize your website.
- WooCommerce provides lots of analytic tools to make the top choice of developers. With these tools, you can easily measure the sales and analysis according to date brand, statics of customers, calculate your daily and monthly sales, measure no. Of orders and many more tools are inbuilt in WooCommerce.
- Security is one of the most important factors in e-commerce. The customer needs to make sure that transactions are secure. Merchant of e-commerce site makes sure that they are providing security to their customers. WooCommerce is very secure because it’s regular updates undergoes for security purpose.
- WooCommerce provides lots of functionality. You can change all the content easily. As like price, image, category and all. You can sell any type of product as simple, variable, downloadable, etc.
- WooCommerce updates are there frequently.Most of the customers are dissatisfied with the update of WooCommerce.
- WordPress and WooCommerce are free of cost and also there are various themes and plugins are available but sometimes it does not meet your requirement. If you want to customize the site according to your requirement then
- it takes the time to do that or by expanding money you can customize your website.
- When you make updates to your site yourself through the visual tab, it doesn’t always flow the way you expected it to when looking in the actual browser. This can leave those not knowing HTML frustrated when they try to get text and images to appear the way they want.